July is filled with diverse causes to support. We put together a guide of nonprofits that you and your business can support as a way to commemorate some of these special dates.
Our platform and tools make it easy to donate to any cause of your choice. To connect with our partnerships team about ways we might support your cause campaigns, please reach out to email@example.com.
We hope you stay safe, healthy and enjoy the official start to summer from all of us here at Pledgeling!
Independence Day (July 4)
This Independence Day, we want to commemorate members of the U.S. Military and Veterans for all that they do for us and our country. As a way to show appreciation, please consider supporting a nonprofit organization that supports military communities and their families. Here are a few organizations that we recommend supporting through your fundraising efforts:
- Operation Gratitude seeks to meet the evolving needs of the U.S. Military and First Responder communities, lift their spirits, and provide volunteer opportunities for Americans to express their appreciation to all who serve our nation.
- Team Rubicon unites the skills and experiences of military veterans with first responders to rapidly deploy emergency response teams. Coupled with leadership development and other opportunities, they also aim to "bridge the gap" between military and civilian life.
- Workshop for Warriors provide quality training, accredited STEM educational programs, and opportunities to earn third party nationally recognized credentials to enable veterans, transitioning service members, and other students to be successfully trained and placed in their chosen advanced manufacturing career field.
Clean Beaches Week (July 1-July 7)
An initiative established by the Clean Beaches Coalition, Clean Beaches Week is celebrated every year during the first week of July. Support and learn more about these amazing partnerships, aligned to promote the cleanliness and preservation of our beaches for all to enjoy for generations to come:
- Beachly x Heal the Bay - Proceeds from every box sold of beach-inspired apparel and accessories, curated and delivered by Beachly, fund beach clean-ups hosted by Heal the Bay. To date, more than 7,858 pounds of trash have been removed from the ocean through Heal the Bay, which equates to ~4 tons! Beachly is able to keep track of their impact and share it with their customers through our Impact Calculators.
- StorQuest x SeaTrees - StorQuest, the specialist in storage solutions, teamed up with SeaTrees, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to regenerate ocean health globally through the planting of coastal ecosystems. StorQuest has committed to plant kelp this month through their 'Storquest for a Cause' partnership, powered by Pledgeling.
- Coral Restoration Foundation is a nonprofit ocean conservation organization. They are working to restore coral reefs, educating others on the importance of our oceans, and using science to further research and monitoring techniques. Headquartered in Key Largo, Florida, CRF manages restoration projects throughout South Florida, the Caribbean, and the Pacific.
Nelson Mandela International Day (July 18)
In 2009, the United Nations declared Mandela’s birthday Nelson Mandela International Day to celebrate and honor this former South African President and his life’s work as an anti-apartheid activist and revolutionary.
- Amnesty International envisions a world in which every person – regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation or gender identity – enjoys internationally recognized human rights standards.
- UNICEF USA (United Nations Children's Fund) works in more than 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, safe water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more.
- The African Impact Foundation works to implement long-term, positive change in the lives of individuals, families, and communities in Africa. They are committed to education and enrichment, health and nutrition, and empowering families.
International Tiger Day (July 29)
Tigers are some of the most majestic creatures that walk our earth - but unfortunately, they are in danger of becoming extinct. This day was created to raise awareness on the need to conserve them. You can support this initiative by contributing to any of the following areas:
- Project C.A.T. (Conserving Acres for Tigers) x World Wildlife Fund - There are less than 4,000 tigers on our planet today. Discovery partnered with the World Wildlife Fund to double the number of tigers in the wild by 2022. This collaboration aims to ensure a healthy habitat for future generations of tigers by helping conserve nearly six million acres of protected land across four countries. We are honored to power all of the donations for this partnership through our easily embeddable donation forms.
- Project C.A.T. x Evite - Another way you can support the Project C.A.T initiative is to host a charitable event with our partner, Evite! All you have to do is choose a tiger-inspired invitation and select Project C.A.T. under the list of nonprofits for seamless donations! Guests can donate without ever leaving the invitation.
- Tigers4Ever aims to halt the decline of wild tiger populations by helping people living on the periphery of tiger territories and equipping forest patrols protecting tigers in India. They work with local communities & the Forest Department to build a future where people live in harmony with and have an enhanced understanding of tigers.
Lastly, we want to recognize how Racial Justice and COVID-19 remain important causes to continue supporting during this time:
- For a more comprehensive list of 20+ organizations fighting for racial and social justice, please visit this link.
- For a more comprehensive list of 20+ organizations fighting against COVID-19, please visit our Causes to Support in June 2020 Blog Post and our COVID-19 Relief Efforts Blog Post.
Thank you for being part of the #pledgetodogood, and we hope this month is extra meaningful by supporting the causes that mean the most to you.